Friday, February 5, 2010

HONDUH

This is all YUMS.
Aight, so lemme break this down in the most simple form before blowing your mind... Silver, EK Hatch, Cool car, Girl's car, Cool girl, Cool girl's car, yes.

So on to mind blowing. If you've been reading this blog, I'm guessing that you noticed that I'm a Honda guy; and more specifically a civic guy. And when it comes to civics, If I'm going coupe, I'm going 99 Si, but if i'm going hatch, i'm going EK. I'm more of a coupe fan, but there's something about civic hatchbacks that makes me say... YUM. Now, one day months ago, when it was warm, I decide to kill time at the a spot I chill at before a Friday Night Lights meet (There will be coverage of the dopeness that is FNL this summer). I hear a girl ask "What kind of Honda do you drive?" I thought "The hell? Who knew I drove a Honda?" I turn around and see the girl who owns the car that this entire post is about: Sara Danker.
I asked her how she knew I drove a Honda, and she pointed out that I was wearing an iLL Garage shirt, and assumed that I was a Honda guy. (I'm personally very happy, that while wearing that shirt, I don't give off a douchey 240SX driver vibe. Not that all 240 drivers are douchey, but a lot of the ones in Chicago are.) After some cool conversing, she tells me about her car. A 96 Honda Civic.

I haven't seen this thing first hand, other than most likely driving past this thing a bagillion times driving around the entire Chicago land area. But soon hopefully, soon I will. I have pictures though! And from these pictures, I have fallen in love with this car.

The thing subtly screams cool, from the sleek "Vogue Silver" that you really don't see many EK modifiers go for, to her crown royal bag shift boot. I LIKE THIS CAR. Outside of the car, is plain and simple, nothing stupid awesome, it's low, got a cool exhaust, not an eye grabber to a non honda guy, but it's clean, really clean. On to the inside, on to more clean, if the purple Crown Royal bag shiftboot doesn't grab your eye first, you'll see that all her seats are from an RSX, that's kinda fucking dope(She's working on getting the heating element to work on them too. More dope? I'd say so). And resting on that leather in the back, is a RECARO baby seat, hells yes. Take a look up, and what do you see? Flannel, yes, flannel. Flannel roof liners are no longer just a VW thing. It's simple, and sweet to look at, but UGH... this thing is guaranteed to throw down. It's lowered on Omni's, (which I will be doing soon) and has a true bit of BADASS under the hood. Too bad what's under there is top secret. This car is more or less the way I'd build an EK. I digs it.

Enjoy the Pikachures:

Thirsty?
Warm butts soon
Racer baby

No comments: